Shearwater Teric Computer
$1,500.00 CAD–$2,010.00 CAD
Intuitive controls and menu navigation along with a bright, vivid colour display. With a high degree of customization, the Teric brings divers a timepiece and dive computer of unprecedented capabilities.
Transform your diving with the Teric, it offers great features that divers love and made by the dive computer company divers trust.
- Decompression Computer
- Air Integrated
- Number of Transmitters (Optional) Up to 2
- 3 axis, tilt compensated, digital compass
- Bluetooth LE
- Switchable audible & vibration alerts
- Upgradeable Firmware
- 316 Stainless Bezel & Buttons
- 22mm Strap Size (Extender Included)
- Ballistic Nylon Polymer Case
- OC REC 3 gas nitrox recreational computer
- OC TEC Multi gas, trimix decompression computer
- CC/BO Closed circuit fixed PPO2
- Gauge Bottom timer with stop watch and dive logging
- Freediving Configurable sampling rates and alarms
Shearwater Transmitters are now the SWIFT model.
Shearwater Teric, Teric w/Shearwater Transmitter
Black, Blue, Silver
3 reviews for Shearwater Teric Computer
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
stefanbudeanu (verified owner) – :
I was lucky enough to be able to get a Shearwater Teric from IDC’s last shipment before they were sold out.
I’ve had the chance to take it on 3 shallow (max 30ft) dives in the St Lawrence. Overall it’s an amazing dive computer that I would readily recommend.
* Wealth of features for technical diving, closed circuit, etc. I only use it in OC Rec mode.
* Beautiful high-res screen with good brightness and true blacks.
* Easy menu navigation and screen layouts (huge plus)
* Awesome compass overlay feature
* Support for any FCC MH-8A AI transmitter (Oceanic, etc.)
* Treats you like an adult: no lockouts, no airplane timer (watch your surface interval instead)
* Designed and manufactured in Canada
* Quick charge behaves strangely (stops charging before 100%), easily fixed by disabling it
* Charging station LEDs are bizarre (steady green = charging, blinking red = charged)
* Steel bezel can scratch relatively easily, the coating is not very strong
* Missing support for MacDive and Subsurface, and the Shearwater Cloud software leaves to be desired (e.g. can’t merge multiple dives). Eventually 3rd party support will come.
* Price – it’s super expensive!
I see the sealed battery as neither a pro or con. After two 40 minute dives it was just under 90% charge, so I’m not worried about battery life at all, but it will need replacing after 5 or so years. A user replaceable battery seems desirable, but may result in a flooded battery compartment. Pick your poison.
Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase and can’t wait to take it on vacation!
XOMA – :
A small note regarding the charging process: steady green means charging, blinking green means charging is over, blinking red means wrong placement on the charger.
There is no clear explanation of that in the manual. I wrote a message to Shearwater about that.
Apart of that, great comp!
PH.arjane (verified owner) – :
For me, it is a work of art. I was worried by its relative small size. I did a deco dive with it and it was very easy to read. The screen is very bright above and under water. Excellent stuff!!