Scubapro Mako Stainless Knife
Stainless steel blade provides an efficient cutting edge and good resistance to surface oxidation.
An old adage among divers is, it’s better to have a knife and not need it, than to need a knife and not have it. At the same time, you don’t want to swim around with a Samurai sword strapped to your leg.
This is where the MAKO STAINLESS excels. It is compact enough to easily strap to a leg or forearm or mount on a BC, yet its large enough to hold with confidence when it’s time to do some cutting.
The MAKO STAINLESS is 7.5in/19.1cm long overall, with a 3.35in/8.5cm multi-function blade that includes a serrated edge — best for sawing through rope, a conventional edge — best for making clean slicing cuts, a line-cutting notch and a bottle opener. The Tanto tip, with its angled shape, is one of the strongest knife points available and, combined with the different blade edges, makes the MAKO STAINLESS an excellent general-purpose dive knife. Constructed from 304-grade hard-tempered stainless steel, the blade provides an excellent cutting edge and good resistance to surface oxidation.
The MAKO STAINLESS handle offers plenty of gripping area as well as thumb guards to keep the knife from slipping. Included is a locking sheath with a convenient one-hand release mechanism plus a kit for mounting onto a BC.
- Made from 304-grade hard-tempered stainless steel.
- Conventional edge slices easily through numerous materials.
- Serrated edge is ideal for sawing through heavier ropes and branches.
- Line-cutting notch is able to handle small rope and fishing line.
- Bottle opener is provided for after-dive convenience.
- Knife handle offers plenty of gripping area as well as thumb guards to keep the knife from slipping.
- Sheath’s unique locking mechanism allows for one-hand release.
- Includes kiit for mounting knife onto a BC.
- Length of knife blade: 3.35in/8.5cm.
- Overall length of knife: 7.5in/19.1cm.
- Weight (with sheath): 6.70oz/190g.
- Weight (knife alone): 3.24oz/92g.