Scubapro Air 2 Alternate Inflator Regulator (5th Gen)
This easy-to-use octo/inflator is the best backup breather money can buy.
SCUBAPRO introduced the octo/inflator concept to diving almost thirty years ago with the introduction of the original AIR2 (short for Alternate Inflator Reg). Now in its 5th generation, it offers even more in both performance and ease of use.
As a backup reg the AIR2 delivers air as smoothly as most primary second stages. The flexible purge cover is large and easy to locate, allowing for quick clearing when it comes time to take a breath. In addition, a new dive/pre-dive switch lets you detune the AIR2 when it’s not being used, eliminating free flows. And unlike traditional dangling octos, the AIR2 is always within easy reach if needed.
- Test-proven breathing performance and cracking effort surpasses many traditional downstream second stages when it comes to ease of breathing.
- New dive/pre-dive switch enables you to detune the unit when not in use, eliminating free flows.
- Flexible purge cover is easy to locate and depress for quick clearing, even when wearing thick gloves.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons are positioned on top of the housing when the AIR2 is in your mouth, making it easier to control buoyancy.
- Power inflate button features a lighter lever so less load is required to initiate inflation.
- Power inflate and deflate buttons can be differentiated by color and touch due to their different shapes and sizes, improving ascent control and safety when inflating or deflating the BC.
- Large bite tabs on the mouthpiece guarantee a secure grip in high-stress situations.
- CE certified EN250 (A> 50°F warm water test controls) as a second stage regulator.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.