PADI Emergency First Responder Course
Starting at $169.95 CAD
Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) teaches you how to deal with emergencies that are immediately life threatening. You will focus on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure you have the knowledge, understanding and confidence to use your skills. You will also participate in an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training component, learn how to help a conscious choking adult and have an orientation in emergency oxygen use. Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening or when local EMS is unavailable or delayed. You focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
The PADI EFR course fulfills the first aid/cpr requirement that is a prerequisite divers going on to a PADI Rescue Diver course and professional level courses like Divemaster or Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The EFR course begins at 6:00 pm and will include:
- Scene Assessment
- Barrier Use
- Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Serious bleeding management
- Shock management
- Spinal injury management
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fracture
- Emergency First Response Video – This video gives you the background knowledge you need to effectively respond to an emergency. It also previews the skills you’ll be performing with your instructor during your skill development session.
- Read and complete Knowledge Reviews from the Participant Manual
- Please note: the above should be completed prior to start of the course
- The Knowledge Reviews from the Participant Manual(s) need to be completed by 6:00pm on the first evening of training. Students should be prepared to review the Knowledge Reviews at the beginning of class. There will be a small amount of lecture, but this class is very interactive and students should come ready to participate in skill practice, scenarios and discussion.
Private, Regular, Semi Private
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.