Apeks Tungsten XTX
The XTX Tungsten is built on the XTX200 platform but with a truly unique, added feature: it is protected with
a hard, durable Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) finish.
This “tough as nails” finish is better than traditional chrome plating. The coating is made of high quality grades of Titanium, Zirconium and Chromium. The result not only looks extremely attractive, but protects your investment from normal diving abuse. Features a swivel hose.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE).
This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee
to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee
for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography)
and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator.
The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees
• 5th port as standard. The 5th port also has the additional bonus of an
integrated heat exchanger
• Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left
handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed
configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must
ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician
• Available in yoke or DIN configuration
• Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are
lighter weight, more flexible and more durable
• Suitable for coldwater use (below 10°C / 50°F)
• Compatible with EAN40 out of the box
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design—as the diver descends,
the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in
the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in
superior performance at depth
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing
- 5TH MP port incorporated into the design featuring an additional
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring
chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage
progressive purge is used—press the purge on the side for a
lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as
filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of
the purge, ie when regulator clearing etc
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes
it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit
ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against
infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that
kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is
also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of
- The Comfo-biteTM mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue
- A heat exchanger (patented), which surrounds the valve mechanism,
dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the
warmth of the ambient water.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.